Ok... Ok... so yes, he is now 10 months 3 weeks, so this post is way overdue but we have a good reason.. HE IS WALKING EVERYWHERE!!! (So any free moments we have are spent reserving every bit of energy we have.)
His first trip to the ZOO & on a Train!
But, I was good at keeping a running list of g's changes during his 9th month of life! Here they are:
- Graham has moved on from the "lobster claw" of refined hand-eye coordination to, what I like to affectionately call, "shovel-method". He just uses the majority of his hand and will shovel in everything and anything he can get his hands on (even if it's not food).
- He puts two words together to follow instructions... i.e. Brush Cooper (the dog), Brush Hair, Brush Teeth (so... mainly just brush instructions).
- Graham really gets words meanings now... it's amazing the non-verbal vocabulary he has!
- When g is really, really excited he flails his arms up and down... much crazier than ever before. Once again, I love that this is his way of expressing his over-excitement and happiness.
- Graham actually communicates via pointing with his index finger at everything! If he wants something, he points... if he's showing us something, he points, if he wants to go somewhere... he points! It's great.
- What a social butterfly we have on our hands... I actually wish he was a little less social. He'll go up to everyone and give them a kiss. This is actually really fun to watch how awkward this makes most adults. So yes... Graham is giving the best open mouth kisses, upon request, that any baby has ever given!!
- We took a little hiatus from waving... he used to do the "queens wave" which I read was much more complex and required higher hand-eye coordination than just a regular wave... but then one day he just stopped waving! This month he picked it up again but it's the usual baby wave and not the queens wave any more. The unique thing is that he has a separate wave for Hello (up and down) and another one for Bye-Bye (side-to-side).
- He is pretty much eating what we eat, with a few exclusions. His favorite foods are: Peas, Mashed Potatoes, Corn on the Cob and Bananas. But he has been exploring interesting flavors such as Kiwi, Mango, Pear, Peaches, Grapes, Green Beans, Squash, Zucchini, Broccoli.
- His favorite game is Peek-a-boo. He is really good at it too... he uses both hands to hold up the blanket (he's been doing this game for a while but he really enjoys it right now).
- He's learned to kick in the bath tub and stomp... clearly a difference! haha...
- Little Graham has the best facial expressions and it's actually where some people see that he looks a little like me. We spend so much time together, he has the same eye brow raise and he can even move his ears like me!
- He mimics our movements such as head-shake and voice changes too!
- Wow -- our little guy also likes to throw fits... so I just let him... he can throw a fit on the floor and get over it and then rejoin me in the other room!
- And finally... our sweet little guy started biting us (mainly me) on the shoulder! (He's actually stopped since this post but more about this in the next blog post).
At Graham's Promotion to Senior Corporal!
Look forward to writing his 11 month blog in a few weeks (I can't believe it).