Friday, August 21, 2009

Jitter-Bug Me :-(

Something weird happened last night... I've somehow started a routine of getting a good nights rest every other night. So, I just figured that last night was going to be one of the good nights. However, I was awaken, as I am every night, to use the restroom. Normally when I return to bed I quickly go back to sleep. Last night it was horrible, I was tossing and turning, my mind was racing and I couldn't sit still. It was literally like I drank two grande mocha's. My breathing was super fast too so I first tried to slow this down. Didn't work... then I tried to calm my racing mind... Didn't work. After about an hour, I told myself that I wasn't going to toss and turn so I made myself lay in the same place for as long as it took me to go back to sleep. It worked -- although it made me cranky. It was like someone was telling me how uncomfortable I was and I was trying to argue that if I didn't lay still that I would never be able to go back to sleep. Finally, I did fall back to sleep.

I don't know if this is normal every once in a while -- but enough with the weird symptoms of pregnancy. I don't think I can take any more surprise symptoms with someone else telling me it's 'normal'. I'm finally settling in to being little G's incubator but PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE FEW GOOD NIGHTS OF SLEEP I HAVE LEFT IN MY LIFE!!!

1 comment:

  1. This happens to me too! Sometimes I get up to pee, crawl back in bed and everything is fine. Other times, I get back in bed and my mind starts racing! I have had it happen a couple of times where I lay in bed an hour or more before I can fall back asleep. I TOTALLY sympathize!

    ReplyDelete