Friday, November 13, 2009

External Aversion

Update from yesterday...

I heard from my midwife this morning and she stated that she would get us in to Labor & Delivery as soon as possible with Dr. Yolanda Lawson in Baylor Hospital. It is not a super emergency but she wants to get us in and do an external aversion (where they physically turn little Graham). This has to be done in L&D because I will be hooked up to heart rate monitors and a sonogram machine to make sure that he is ok during this process. If things take a turn for the worst, then we will be exactly where we need to be to do a C-Section.

They said most likely the aversion will be done tomorrow. My midwife stated that she will be there with us, which makes me feel much better, and all of the Transverse Lie cases where they have done an aversion have been successful and she has never had to go in to an emergency C-Section.

My mom is here with me today so we are going to get packed and ready to go -- just so we have everything with us tomorrow. We will be updating the blog with more information as we get a definate time and date.


  1. Please feel free to continue to share with us positive stories and comments ONLY. We need to be as positive as possible during this time. Thank you!

  2. Good luck. Everything is going to go great. Just think positive thoughts, and imagine little Graham turning head down without a hitch!

  3. Dr. Lawson is top notch and has an awesome bedside manner. She was our delivery OB when I had to be transported when Marlie got stuck. You are in very good hands. Everything is going to be fine and you will be holding your beautiful baby boy very soon!